Trout Alert Travels

Trouty's scenic route round the globe

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Back in Delhi!

View blog top tags



Having had a fantastic week with the Carnegie crew in northern India, but alas not finding any Carnegie-Rajs on our retracing of Grandfather Carnegie's 12 year stint out here in the 1920s/30s, I am now back in Delhi, feeling rather confused and disorientated. I popped back to UK last week (popped!?) to deal with stupid indian visa nonsense and managed to get my business visa sorted for my job. Also managed to end up hideously out of pocket due to ridiculous visa fees but that's another story. Also got to see some faces I have been missing terribly since being away (*swoon*) albeit spectacularly briefly...but it was enough to buoy me up for the next six months!!!

My flight from Heathrow last night was really empty. I moved into my own aisle and had 3 chairs to myself, stretching out with my legs up the wall. It was more comfortable than business class?!?! I landed at 11am and am now in a holding bay in a house in south Delhi suburbia, like human cargo, waiting for my night train up to Haridwar. It has the most amazing antique toilet, that is an absolute delight to use.

I start my job tomorrow and am well up for it. Especially because I have been informed that for the first two days I will be staying at the spa/hotel as a guest, in my own room, receiving treatments, in order to get the 'experience'. Bring it on. I am dreading the night train tonight only because I am completely over sharing train cabins with nutjob strangers and going to sleep straddling my rucksack in my bunk to combat thieving hands, but at least this will be the last night like this for a while.

Currently I am watching 'The Shaolin Road' on telly which is basically teaching me how to be a martial arts master in one hour. Without moving off the bed. Brilliant!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home